- Generation change on and reduction in the size of the Management Board
- Peter Mitterbauer, Chairman of the Management Board, passes on the chairmanship to his son, F. Peter Mitterbauer, effective July 1, 2013.
- The full Management Board is reduced in size from five to four persons: In addition to F. Peter Mitterbauer, it also includes current Board members Wolfgang Litzlbauer and Harald Neubert, as well as Markus Hofer, Vice President Corporate Finance, who will be appointed CFO effective July 1, 2013.
- Wolfgang Litzlbauer (44) becomes the Vice Chairman effective July 1, 2013, and in addition to his current obligations, he additionally assumes responsibility on the Management Board for the Friction Group.
- Norbert Schrüfer is resigning from the Management Board of Miba AG. In addition to his duties as CEO of the New Technologies Group, he will assume the post of Vice President Innovation & Technology.
At its meeting today, the Supervisory Board of Miba AG approved the following changes to the Management Board of Miba AG:
Effective July 1, 2013, Chairman of the Management Board Peter Mitterbauer (70) will resign from the Management Board of Miba AG and he will pass on the chairmanship to his son, F. Peter Mitterbauer (37). Thus, as of July 2013, the third generation of the Mitterbauer family takes the helm of the listed corporation.
F. Peter Mitterbauer studied engineering economics and mechanical engineering at the Vienna University of Technology and graduated from the MBA program at the Business School Insead in Fontainebleau and in Singapore. After gathering five years of solid experience at other international companies, he joined Miba in 2006. Subsequent to the ensuing one-year deployment at the Miba site in China (Suzhou) and serving as Managing Director Sales & Marketing for three years in the Friction Group, he held responsibility on the Management Board for the friction business since 2011 as CEO of the Friction Group.
“The business that my grandfather established and that my father consistently expanded over the last decades is truly remarkable. It is a great challenge and a unique responsibility to continue this success and to advance the development of our company for the next generation,” states F. Peter Mitterbauer.
Board Member Norbert Schrüfer will depart from the Management Board of Miba AG when his contract expires on January 31, 2013, concurrently with the planned size reduction of this corporate body. He remains CEO of the New Technologies Group and will serve as Vice President Innovation & Technology, consistently driving the innovative technological development of the Miba Group, and in this capacity, he reports directly to F. Peter Mitterbauer. Thus, as of July 1, 2013, Miba AG will be headed by a four-member Management Board, composed as follows:
- F. Peter Mitterbauer: Chairman of the Management Board, responsible for the New Technologies Group and Strategy; Human Capital; Controlling; Technology & Innovation; Communications
- Wolfgang Litzlbauer: Vice Chairman, responsible for the Bearing, Friction and Coating Groups; Purchasing
- Harald Neubert: responsible for the Sinter Group; Quality
- Markus Hofer: Chief Financial Officer responsible for Corporate Finance; IT; Business Excellence; Internal Control System.
Chairman of the Management Board Peter Mitterbauer: “Now, at the age of 70, the right moment for this change has come. We have prepared a long time for this, and I have absolute confidence in the new and top-class Management Board team.”
F. Peter Mitterbauer takes over the position of Chairman of the Management Board from his father, effective July 1, 2013.